Donna Serdula, the author of “LinkedIn Makeover” showed us how to use LinkedIn as a tool.
What is LinkedIn?
–> it’s the world’s largest professional Social Network that’s focused on your career and your industry.
(~80% of LinkedIn’s members are decision makers~)
LinkedIn is a tool that helps us establish our professional brand. By putting up a strong profile, it leaves a strong impression about us that lets us show people how we want to be portrayed. Moreover, we can stay in touch with our connections, it helps us to find experts and ideas, and last but not least, it helps us to explore opportunities.
1. Build & use your network
- connect, connect, connect
- use your network
- search, research & find inside connections
- don’t copy & paste your resume
- use your keywords
- include your contact info
3. Pay some Money
- for extra features
4. Share Updates
- stay professional
5. Stay Positive
- have fun with the LinkedIn network =)
Connecting on LinkedIn means you’re inviting a person to be in your network of connections:
- you can see their status updates & LinkedIn activity
- ability to see “shared” connections
- potential access to 1st degree connections
How to Achieve a Powerful LinkedIn Profile:
- Keep it real and stay to yourself – tell the world your values and strengths
- Claim your public profile URL
- Say Cheese – professionally taken photograph
- Create a powerful headline
- First person summary
- List 3 Experiences – explain your role and responsibilities briefly
- Get 3 Recommendations
- Include Your Contact Info
- Determine your goal – what are you trying to achieve? Who is your desired reader?
- Start at the bottom – easy sections are at the bottom of your profile
Would you like to know more about how to achieve a powerful LinkedIn Profile? www.LinkedIn-Makeover.com